There was a note to say that Rascal was to be picked up by her adopter this afternoon at 3:30pm. It made my day.
I immediately popped an old, cloth carrier in her condo just in case she decided to try it out and walk in there unassisted.
Didn't happen, of course.
She was too distracted by being loved on by her favourite volunteers.
Then a cat arrived to be boarded. But they had booked her in when the rate was lower so it took Gen ages to figure out the prices and sort it out with them. I got to look after their 3 year old grandson while that was happening. He loved the picker-upperer. And opening all the button doors. And slamming them closed again. Eventually they left.
Then Rascal's owner arrived. I gave Gen the cat carrier to hold after demonstrating how much Rascal loves having her cheeks and flanks scratched by the rake toy. I picked up Rascal. Lifted her claws up from the scratchy pole and popped her into the carrier. To celebrate the successful transfer, I gave the rake and the carrier to the new owner. And carried Rascal in the carrier out to her new owners car!
Then I undressed her enclosure. Now Oreo can see out into the car park.
![]() |
| Oreo says "I ain't looking" |
![]() |
| stitcheless Bron |
On Wednesday we were convinced that Paris would have her kittens overnight. This morning she was still kittenless (or kitten free!) But tonight, as we checked her just before we left, there was some action. When Paris doesn't eat, it is for a good reason.I may have to drop by tomorrow to find out how many kittens she had.
|



No comments:
Post a Comment