Friday, May 14, 2021

Chicken magic

There were only three vollies to do all the work this morning. They did a splendid job even though they had to use the old yellow bucket and mop. I stopped on my way from tennis at the Bunnings just off Eastern Valley Way (It is HUGH. Sandy said that people go there for holidays). I bought a new spinning bucket/mop. It doesn't work by pumping a foot pedal but by pumping the mop handle. With any luck, the mechanical bits won't rust and fail within 6 months. Despite being only three they didn't leave much for me to do so I happily pottered about my animal behaviour duties. Silky's four are happy to be patted if there is milk or chicken involved. I was rather surprised at how avidly all the new cats took to the chicken. Like they had eaten it every day of their lives and had missed it being with us. For example, Miyuki and kittens (in the far corner in boarding) fell on chicken. I can't figure out their names because all are listed as black and white or with a black face but one is definitely grey.
This is the BW kittens and mum eating chicken.
Sabrina and her kittens, Luke, Oscar and Rosie also went wild for chicken and tried to stare extra out of me after I had handed it all out.
Lillian let me hold her dish while she ate it. This is as close as she has let me come so far. Such a beautiful cat.
After giving Ebony her share, I was horrified to find Cleo and Ant alone in their condo. What happened to Caesar? He has been moved to the condo above Matty and Maddy. I don't know if he is missing his siblings or is shocked by the goings on downstairs! Matty and Maddy make an excellent impression of clothes being washed in a top loading washing machine when you approach with food, of any kind. Chicken just increases the tumbling speed.
I think Silky's kittens will be available this weekend. They got milk as well as chicken so are softened up for the adopting hordes.

No comments:

Post a Comment