Friday, August 28, 2020

Blue murder

As I arrived a young couple came to meet Tux. Tim opened his door and he strolled out to greet them . . .. briefly and then to explore. I herded him back to them with a feather on a stick toy. They enjoyed watching him play (and probably learned how to play with a cat never having had one before) and decided to adopt him. But they have to go out to buy stuff for him so will pick him up tomorrow. As proof of their commitment, they went through with the adoption paperwork after Tim had me hold him, in the kitchen (I mean hold the cat!) while his microchip was inserted. That is when the blue murder screaming started. But he wasn't fighting very hard. No scratches on either of us. After a couple of tries, the microchip went in under his skin. It is a horribly thick, blunt looking needle so I don't blame him for kicking up a fuss. They will be back tomorrow with all the gear.
In the meantime since Wednesday: Jacob and Edward have been adopted. Edward has gone but Jacob is still there with a sign "We have been adopted". But they have been adopted by different families. Jacob was very sweet today. He must know something good is coming to him.
And Luna has been adopted by Bron who fostered her originally and can't bear the though of her stuck in a condo forever.
We have a new cat, Abbie. Her condo card says that she is 12 years old. But I don't believe it. She looks older to me.
I had a lovely smooch with Tabby. Whoever adopts him will have to get used to damp laps. He is a slobber pus.

No comments:

Post a Comment