Saturday, July 6, 2024

Adoption Tails: The Christmas litter

Rudolf

Rudolf

1 day: “She has settled in well. She’s eating, drinking, playing and purring”.

1 week: She’s a lot more confident, especially with their dog.

1 month: no response

Dasher aka Millie

2 weeks: She has been renamed Millie. “She has been very interested in exploring the rest of the house since being given access to it this week. She is playful, is attached to family members, curious, and eating well.”
Dasher

1 month: “Millie seems very happy, she plays a lot, is eating well, loves to sit on our laps, enjoying lots of pats, and is attached to family members, and is very curious. She gives us much entertainment.”

Prancer

2 days: She is settling in well. She’s eating well, drinking normally, using the litter tray, and sleeping nicely. She’s found her favourite place on the windowsill. She has been renamed Chutney. “She is very cuddly and affectionate not hiding at all and always seeking attention. Chutney is also getting into some morning meditation with mom.”



1 month:
 She is really happy, is getting more confident by the day, and is growing.


Dancer aka Kyoto
1 day: “She seems to be doing well. She’s exploring the spare room and is eating and drinking, and went to the bathroom. We are probably going to call her Kyoto.”

9 days: She’s going well. She explored most of the house and also playing well with their resident cat Memphis (also adopted from SAFE). She’s still a bit timid but each day she is a bit better and her owners are taking it slowly with her.


1 month: She’s settled in well. Her owners are starting to see her personality more every day and say she’s doubled in size in a month.

Mrs Claws 

2 days: “I may need to give her back. She hasn’t eaten or used the litter tray. She hisses at me. I am mildly allergic (have been taking anti histamines every day). She is the most beautiful cat and I feel I’ve done everyone a disservice in bringing her home. Please advise. I do not want her to be euthanised.”

10 days: They haven’t been able to return Mrs Claws due to their work schedule. “The cat still hisses at me and I cannot get close to her. I am afraid she will injure me. I would like to donate what I have bought for the cat. I am really sorry about the inconvenience caused.”

1 month: “Unfortunately Mrs Claws ran away two days ago. I have been leaving food outside in case she comes back but I have not seen her and neither have my neighbours. I had decided to keep her and now this has unfortunately happened. I am unsure what to do.”

The owner was regularly letting Mrs Claws onto the balcony. She got scared by some wind and jumped off the balcony, presumably going into the national park behind the owner’s house. She didn’t have any tick prevention so it’s assumed she may have died of tick paralysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment