Friday, August 2, 2024

A Touch of Terry

 If I had a smidgen of Terry's magic I would have adopted out 5 cats this afternoon. First a young girl arrived with her mum. She has had health issues and is giving school a miss at the moment but likes to spend time with our cats. They were here earlier in the week. They will be back. (Terry would have sent them home with a kitten).

Here she is making friends with Garfield(a). Biggie Kahuna had a coneless wander earlier with an attendant so that he could scratch/groom the rest of his body but get shouted at if he scratched his chin. He kept the collar on for the rest of the day.

Big Kahuna
Garfield
Then a Uni student arrived with his mum. They have just moved into a house so have room for their first cat ever. They have had a dog. We looked at all the availables and nobody "spoke" to them so I told them to go away to think about it and see who else is on the for adoption list because there might be some in fosterhomes who would suit. Terry would have made them fall in love with Amelia, at least.

Amelia

While they were inspecting everybody a mother and daughter arrived to find a cat to replace their beloved 20 year old who died some time ago. They followed along and then went through them all again with me, falling in love with each condo occupant in turn. After their second go-round, the mother had decided that she really wanted a pair of cats (so we went around again) and the daughter decided she really wanted Garfield or Jamie. I told them to have a think and come back tomorrow when Terry can do his own magic.

I was going to get a good photo of everybody to have a backlog of photos but my time was taken up. I might need them because I am having surgery on Monday on a lump on the back of my hand that I thought was a ring worm. . . except that it didn't itch and kept growing. It will be removed and a bit of my skin moved to cover the wound. I won't be much use in the cattery for a couple of weeks, . . . or more.  But I am sure I will find something to blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment