A couple of folk (women) came today to check us out as potential volunteer opportunities. One decided, in view of the work involved, that she'd wait until her back got better. The other would have signed on straight away. And we had two new, trained vollies on shift today. I will be able to retire soon.
Cats went to the vet or have come back since Wednesday. The C girls are all back. Only the Elizabethan collars distinguish them from their brothers. All are sweet and friendly.
![]() |
| C girls above and below. Could be Crystal, Caitlin or Carolyn |
I almost had a home for Cedric, the almost Siamese-coloured boy today. A young woman came in with her son who is obsessed with a ginger cat of movie/iTunes fame and mum liked Cedric best. But the boy didn't make a choice. He did like other coloured cats. They will be back.
Rascal was taken to the vets. I was the lucky one who managed to get her into a carrier. I might never live that down until another wild one rips my arm off. Nevertheless, she came back with a clean bill of health so should be available for adoption soon.
![]() |
| Rascal |
![]() |
| Hunter |
![]() |
| Dinesh |
In my last blog post I misnamed a vollie who came in to love on Bonnie and others. She is Amelia and here she is training one of our new vollies today how to win the trust of the shyer cats, like Minke.I had never seen Minke out of her safe space before let alone being happy to be cuddled.






No comments:
Post a Comment