Wednesday, July 22, 2026

New vollies

 We had two today. And yesterday (while I filled in in the afternoon) a potential vollie came to check us out. She stayed for ages but decided to join the team. There will be training tomorrow, I understand, as lots of locals have shown interest.

No visitors or adoptions but we had a phone call from a woman who would like to foster Ravyn for 2 days in order to make a decision about adopting her! We routinely advise folk to allow 3 months for a cat to settle into a new home.

Andrea dropped by in the afternoon to socialize the cats. I think she only intended to stay a short while but she stayed all afternoon. Muffin enjoyed several sessions.

Muffin with the short and curly tail

And Nala ignored her attempts to make friends. I carried Nala downstairs yesterday. I thought that putting her into a carry cage would just upset both of us so picked her up in her fluffy bed, held the opening against my stomach and walked down to the stand alone where Cosmo and C-friend were. (Have they gone to a foster home?)
Nala
Today she was still sulking. I don't think she has eaten anything since she arrived even though she was provided with food by her previous owners along with all kinds of toys and "stuff".

All the C kittens went to be desexed but only the 2 boys came back. The vets didn't have time to do the girls. They should be home tomorrow morning. The boys are delightful. 

Cedric (above) and Curtis (below)

We do have some handsome male cats.

Maxi: looking good

Phoenix: having a good look

No comments:

Post a Comment