Tuesday, September 3, 2019

First day

This morning I did my first volunteer stint at Safe Haven in Chatswood.
Tim was glad to have somebody else to do the work so that he could catch up on the paperwork, I think. He was finishing up feeding when I arrived at 10am.
It wasn't too onerous for one person as there are not too many cats, the space is small and protocols minimal.

There are only two boarders. I didn't get photos. One is still cross at being abandoned.

Shivers has the flu so I did him last. He had it when he arrived covered in something gunky which has mostly been hacked off.
Shivers

Other cats have strange names too:


Zero, a calico.

Zero

Dotty, a tortie without spots. Maybe it is her personality
Dotty

Foxy, is anything but at 15 years old

Foxy
Blink, who stares.
Blink

Hidden behind privacy towels are Milly, Tilly, Elsa, Diva and Little Gins who are the first family of a very young mum who has five (?) newborns.  Then, across the way, Samantha is also shrouded.

No comments:

Post a Comment