Friday, September 18, 2020

Follow the leader

I picked up litter at Arundel Park again today. They allowed us 20 bags of 15Kg and 20 bags of 500gm which are trial packs for adopters. My little car drove like a stately matron all the way back to SH. And skipped home after all that weight was removed. The bags are now along the wall where they used to be. The three legged cage is now where Lucia's was. Lucia has been moved to the corner of the main room and the huge stratchy pole that was there now sits by the quarrantine chair. I set up the three legged cage for Octavia. But did not participate in moving her. . . . my skin is too tearable. Leo, Loki and Lil have been desexed. They watched all this movement with fascination from the bottom of their wheely cage. I couldn't decide whether they were not feeling so well (Leo has a post operative cough) or that they were waiting for dinner. They missed a meal yesterday which is of great significance to a kitten. I stopped to pat Petal and got a handful of hair. Thursday's warm weather has prompted the shedding of winter coats. So I got a brush and gave her the treatment which she loved. I even brushed Venus who didn't get off her perch on top of the carry cage but tolerated it. As I smelled of their sisters, I decided to move to Steph's boys and give them a turn. They, in true boy cat manner, were even more desperate for attention. Baghera literally crawled into my arms and licked my face while I brushed Ares. What wonderful cats they are. . . . a real tribute to Steph. While I was there I checked on Dolly. One of her kittens was upstairs with her. So I installed a climbing slope. I stuffed a foam plastic place mat that arrived on the laundry shelves about a month ago and I almost tossed out because. . . plastic! place mat! But it stuffed firmly through the hole and the kittens can easily get their claws into the foam. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts. One kitten got the idea immediately.
Others soon followed because I had scattered some baby cat crunchies to distract Dolly.
Soon they were all up there,
except this guy who couldn't work it out. There is one in every family. Maybe his/her name should be Dafty.

No comments:

Post a Comment