Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Scout went first

I expected a busy afternoon because of the number of calls in the morning about Scout, Latte and Harper who were newly on our webpage. So while the team was doing all the work in the morning, I made sure that they looked clean and neat.

Latte, Scout, Harper (clockwise from the back row)

For most of the morning they were separated one to each level:-- litter level: Latte, lower hammock: Harper, top hammock: Scout. I decided, before 1pm which is OPEN for Adoption time, that I really should know who was Scout and who was Latte. I couldn't find Latte's microchip and he cringed under the lower shelf so that I couldn't run the detector over him properly.

The first folk who came for them were really more interested in something smaller. So the second folk who said "I just fell in love with Scout" adopted him. His new owner is the flat mate/great friend of the woman who adopted Sock some time ago. Sock is doing really well and they think she needs a friend. Scout is it.

The first folk really fell for Summer and Autumn and we sent a message to Steph so that she can approve that adoption. . . . or not. They liked other kittens as well.

The third folk arrived wanting a bonded pair. As they are experienced at fostering shy cats I showed them around all our potentially difficult bonded pairs. And they chose Latte and Harper who, by this time were cuddled together on the top hammock. Latte was so blissed out that I could easily run the microchip detector all over him and found the wretched thing which matched his paperwork. 

We have 70 cats in residence. No boarders. The two who arrived on Friday afternoon have recovered from the shock and horror somewhat. They Puss (B & W) and Scrat (Grey & white) are large armfuls of loving cat.

Puss

Scrat

The play place has been taken over by Leo, a Bengal. He was loud before I fed him but settled well after that. He did enjoy looking out of the window when I put him on the window shelf.

Leo 
There are a pair of kittens under Snitty. I have only seen one. Catsie, who cleaned them, assured me that there are two squeezed into the scratchy pole.
Tinker and/or Mayka

And sad Jumi is near Tara and Bodhi who are both supposed to be 5 years old but one is twice the size of the other.

Jumi

 



No comments:

Post a Comment