Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Adoption Tails: Remi

Remi (now Remii)

When we first bought Remii home she was very extremely scared, hissing and spitting and launching herself at anyone who tried to make contact with her. She was so hard to get in the cat carrier. It took her a couple weeks to be comfortable enough to eat in front of us. We moved her into a smaller room 3 weeks in, and it made such a difference. She began trusting us and would come out of her little hidey corner to eat, and would meow at us from behind her little towel barrier. 

 After more interactions she became very comfortable with me. She started playing with her toys when I was in the room and would come all the way out and rub herself against my legs, constantly wanting attention. From then on she’s become such a lap cat, always wanting to be around me, will fall asleep on my tummy and is very needy. But only with me. She’s still very wary of other people but she won’t hiss or scratch or do anything. She just hides like a little scaredy cat. She is so lovely now and I can’t imagine my life without her.



No comments:

Post a Comment