Friday, February 14, 2020

Valentines Day

Kimmy was duly picked up this afternoon. Her new person seems very nice. And his friend will come to us when she needs another cat. I suggested that she get one now so that her old cat could have a companion in her old age. . . . .  worth a try!
Kimmy

Earlier somebody adopted Melody. She will be picked up soon. I feel this is a good omen for her four kittens who should all get homes tomorrow.
Melody (wants out)
Because all the stand alone cages will be needed tomorrow, I sterilized Kimmy's condo as soon as she left it so that Eve could move there. Eve has the habit of swiping vollies. I have been smooching up to her on the other side of her bars. So when it was time to move her, I rolled her stand alone to Kimmy's condo, opened the doors and Eve jumped in. Easy-peasy. . . .  not so happy Evie!
Evie
The D litter is all ready to go: Diana, Dale and Danielle. I don't know who is which. The girl who was desexed yesterday got a huge fright when she discovered that she had a collar on and both her legs were through the neck bit and the collar was chasing her around the condo. It is amazing how much noise one panicked kitten can make! Tim sorted her out but it took quite a while for her tail to collapse from 2 ins in diameter to normal (half an inch).

The C kittens love their new spacious condo. I started to clean their old one but . . . . I left it to soak another day, or two.
Caleb and Cooper
Penny is more interested in what is going on.
Penny
And Bonnie asked for pats. She has come such a long way
Bonnie

 On the home front: I was given a hand woven shawl that I didn't think that a person would use but perhaps a cat might like to snuggle up to. So I got out the overlocker to sew off the fringe (no use to man or beast). And Cody came to say "It is mine. You may NOT take it to Safe Haven".

Cody
It is in his cat cave. At about 7am this morning he exchanged words/yowls with a rotund calico. He was inside: she was in his back yard. I haven't seen her before. Perhaps she is on holiday in Avalon?




No comments:

Post a Comment