Friday, October 22, 2021

Short on vollies

 We have too many cats for three vollies to get cleaned before 12:30 so I helped out on the Naughty Row (where Kimi is too short to successfully dominate the hissy kitties) and in Incoming. Amy was sitting on the highest shelf in her condo quite happily distancing herself from her three rolly polly kittens. I make it a point to wipe my hands all over them so that they take back my smell to mum. . . . . I only do it for their sake!

Oreo (black and white kitten) has been returned. He didn't get on with their resident cat and the stress made his flu return so they want their money back. He looked happy to be back when I gave him some chicken. That was just before he was hustled next door for Dr Kim to access how "sick" he is on return. (Oreo, tabby mum of Lucky, has perfected her escape technique. I found her wandering by Leo's play place this afternoon. Lucky was lounging in their condo with the door wide open.)

 Callie was uploaded as available this morning and the woman who has been waiting for her for weeks came in with a carrier. She adopted one of ours 6 months ago (forgotten whom, sorry) and wants another kitten younger than him to bond with him because she didn't realise how much joy having a cat added to the house. Unfortunately, Callie still has a squinty eye. She really shouldn't have been on the website. But her preferred new mum will watch it like a hawk until she becomes available again.

Callie

The woman who adopted Leaf visited with her friend. They just wanted to see who we have in residence so that she can tell all her friends. She promised to send me a photo or two of Leaf. The one that she showed me on her phone is of a very plump cat (5 Kg!) And another one in an elf costume!

Tabitha has been moved into the Welfare area. She likes chicken but doesn't like people (or is it just me?)

Tabitha

As has Champ who is up for adoption. I think that might take some time. But as soon as Trixie is posted she will go.

Trixie



No comments:

Post a Comment