Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Pipped at the post

I thought I was going to outdo Terry today with 6 adoptions. 

First an author came from Northbridge (and from north America some time before that). Her previous cat died recently and she is bereft. When she saw Tiger's profile, she decided that a second toothless cat was just what she needed. She brought a young couple with her: an Asian woman and a middle eastern looking man. They too were enthusiastic. Tiger liked them all and drooled. So they know she drools and there were no complaints. They look forward to brushing her daily. She brought a box of food that her previous cat turned up her nose at.

Tiger

Then a young couple came from Earlwood. . . . by public transport with shopping for cat beds and carriers on the way. They had met Scrat and Puss last week and have decided that they cannot live without them. I had softened up Scrat by having lunch with them. It was good to have a couple to do the paperwork: it halved the time it took even though he didn't know her mobile number off by heart. But who can remember more than one 10 digit number! They took a uber home. Scrat and Puss were the easiest cats EVER to get into carriers.
Puss on top of Scrat
 And another woman arrived with a pile of cat food that her cats won't eat.

I quickly cleaned and fogged the play place and put Schnitty there overnight. He wasn't so happy initially but will probably settle down. While I was processing Puss and Scrat a couple of Chinese women came in to visit the cats. They asked where all our cats had gone. Adopted, said I. Hurrah, said they.

After quickly seeing the visitors out and feeding everybody, I took off to Bilgola Plateau to process the adoption of 3 fostered kittens. That would make my daily tally 6 cats. A record! 

On my way I thought that perhaps tomorrow morning might be a better time than at 6pm. When I got there the mum (the adopter) was still collecting the kids from after-school sports. The dad agreed with me that it might all go better when the kids were at school, or at least fed and out of the way. So we made a date for tomorrow morning.

Then, almost home, I had to drop off some Bravecto for Lasagne/Laurie who is now called Rory. I was instructed to phone the son when I got there. I couldn't quite figure out if the cat lives at the house I was at or somewhere else. It would have been great to see him.

PS There are two kittens in Incoming with Dusty's kittens' names. But they are not grey kittens. So something has happened. Dusty is nowhere to be seen. My guess is that she and her kittens have been put out to foster and the only sign with "2-4months" was put on these new kittens. One is unwell. The other, a ginger, purrs like a trooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment