Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Ginger George conquers Vicky

 This afternoon when it was quiet, I let Ginger George out for a wander. Vicky said that she is wary of him. So I sat him on my lap and brushed him. Gave the brush to Vicky. Ginger wandered over to her to get more. Love at first brush stroke!

Vicky and Ginger George

Earlier she asked me about Salazar because she was writing up his profile. I told her how cuddly he is. Eventually a vollie was giving him a hug (or vice versa) and I told her to take him into Opey's room where Vicky was so that she could see for herself what a smoocher he is. He reminds me of Jimmy Durante . . . . short, kind of ugly but very lovable with a great voice. Here is a photo of him when he had been with us for less than a week.
Salazar and Katie
Calvin is a contortionist cat. He still has a weepy eye but seems fine otherwise. And Vivienne is getting more loving by the minute.
Calvin
Joy took some photos of the Quarantine cats for us:
Genie, sister of Rajah

Rajah

Marmalade and Duke  

And Maxwell who has recovered from his ringworm and was happy to have a clean condo at last.

Maxwell
Around 3:30pm a couple arrived laden with bags of "towels and sheets". I said "thank you for the towels but no thank you to the sheets". They gave us one bag of towels (4) and took away 5 bags of sheets. (Phew). They got the quick whip around to meet the cats as a reward for thinking of us as they downsize. They have a cat at home who they hope to pass on to a daughter-in-law. As it is a Burmese, I am sure that that will work.




No comments:

Post a Comment