Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Short day

 I arrived late because my DH had pains in his right arm that stop him sleeping so had to be delivered to RNS. But Willoughby council was running late too so I managed to get the huge pile of poo bags from our balcony into other people's bins. And the cardboard into our Cousins bin. Willoughby still hasn't replaced our broken bin. But I didn't get to refill the Cousins bins which should have been emptied this afternoon because I had to leave at 2 to pick up DH from RNS and bring him home. He is fine. 

I hope Robyn visited because Tim was all by himself. Sue had to leave early. She was there yesterday and got rid of the pile of donated household cloth that I made last week. And she wrote a note for the front desk to NOT ACCEPT any more towels, sheets or any other kind of fabric. Our bedding shelves are full. And our food shelves are full too, so we don't need any donations of food either. Just give us money if you must!

Or adopt a cat. There are 25 on our for adoption page. Plus heaps more to come: another pregnant mum in the nursery, several groups of small kittens around the place. Including Tinkerbelle who is everybody's best friend. She is a bit chunky to be called Tinkerbelle, I think. Tinka would be better.

Tinkerbelle/Tinka
 

Mrs Claws' kittens are in the play place and ready to dash out as soon as the door is open. She seems to be missing them and has quietened down.

And Elsa yowled at us today. She hasn't been desexed yet. I noticed that her bottom left canine is missing which is why her tongue peeks pinkly out of her mouth.

A man came in suss us out before I left. He had dogs but has become allergic to them. (I mentioned that my niece is also allergic to dogs except for poodles and labradoodles). He thinks he might try a cat but needs to travel a bit until March. He is concerned that he might be allergic to cats. I had him cuddle several and then wipe his nose. No sniffles or sneezes. So he should be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment