Friday, April 12, 2024

Fingers crossed

 I was a bit early today. . . for a change. But I still didn't get to eat my lunch until a quarter to three. There were adoptions.

Salt was adopted, perhaps in the morning. Pickles is delighted to be all alone in a double condo. 


A couple came in to adopt Salt whom they had chosen from the website. So I showed them the other availables and they chose Little and Rory. I told them that it is a much better idea to get two kittens because they can play with each other at 4am without waking up their people. They believed me. I was so pleased that I gave them a litter tray (the green, wobbly one with curved edges that is a pain) and loaned them a carry cage to take the boys home in. Rowen will be devastated next Friday. They were his favourite cats being so easy to cuddle.

Then a woman came in to adopt Jade from foster. We filled in the paperwork. It is to be a holiday thrill for her children but she agreed that Jade should be in her own room so that she can have time away from the kids.

Then another woman came in, having been sent to us from Jiji's (the cat cafe on Eastern Valley Way). She checked the website and came to see Jade! Mostly because she wants a "tabby". So I showed her our tabbies. . . which come in ginger, grey and brown. She rather liked Eric who was being his shy, retiring self. She said she would think about it. 

Misty is a tabby

 So I feed the cats their chicken.

Lola has appointed herself the doorcat. Maybe she saw Marissa take her Azlan out to walk the corridor.

Lola
The new cats on Better Row, Miz and Riley seem more comfortable. What is their story?

Miz and Riley

Josie's kittens are getting big and bold.

Josie is the lowest face
While I cleaned up Sebastian and Peebles condo (they had knocked their water bowl into their litter tray in the excitement of seeing me with dinner coming towards them) Irene answered the phone. The woman who came in and met Eric wanted more details. She found the right person to ask. Irene could give her details that I had never heard. They chatted for ages, eventually in German! So I hope Eric has found his forever person.



No comments:

Post a Comment